Landlord Certificates Rotherham
Gas Safety Inspection (CP12)
We offer a fixed price Landlords CP12 Inspection for £60.00
Landlords have duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to arrange safety inspections CP12 certificates and maintenance by a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues installed at a property.
Landlords who use agents to manage properties need to ensure that the management contract clearly specifies who is responsible for carrying out the maintenance and safety check duties and keeping associated records. If the contract specifies that the agent has responsibility then the same duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 that apply to a landlord apply to the agent. In this situation an agent must arrange inspections and maintenance by a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipework, appliances and flues installed at the property.
Landlord or Agent must arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. They must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the inspection being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.
Although checks between the 12 month period are not a legal requirement it is advisable to get the appliances checked between tenants in case of vandalism or tampering. Along with the HSE we strongly recommend the use of CO2 alarms, this is one useful precaution to give tenants advance warning of CO2 in the property. Importantly alarms should not be regarded as a replacement for regular maintenance and safety checks. CO2 alarms should be installed and maintained in line with the manufacturer's instructions.
The testing completed by Gas-Tech is executed by Gas Safe registered Engineers that offer the highest quality service.
The test will include;
- Check appliance for gas tightness.
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
- Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturers data plate.
- Check for acceptable provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report.
- A Landlords gas safety certificate (CP12)
Please contact us on 07850 576509 to discuss your requirements